Its that time of the season, four competitions are in the books and four Champions have been crowned, which leaves us with two left, the UK Brewers Cup and the big one, the UK Barista Championship.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Regional heats are back, 3 for Brewers Cup and 4 for the UKBC
- Both will be run to the upcoming 2017 World Championship rules
- There will be 42 spaces for Brewers Cup and 56 spaces for UKBC
- Tickets will be released 9am Friday 16th December @ www.scaeuk.com
To help you plan, here’s a timeline of the heats and Finals:
- February 14th/15th - UKBC heat / UK Brewers Cup heat, Paintworks, Bristol
A two day event, with UKBC and Brewers Cups on consecutive days, hosted by Beyond The Bean.The night of the 14th will be be a pizza and beer party as part of their 20th anniversary celebrations.
- February 24th - UK Brewers Cup Heat, London
The second heat of the 2017 Brewers Cup, hosted by Square Mile Coffee Roasters.
- April 26th - UK Brewers Cup Heat, Leeds
The final heat of the 2017 Brewers Cup, hosted by North Star Coffee Roasters.
- May 2017 - UK Brewers Cup Finals, UKBC Heat, The Briggait, Glasgow
We’re excited to be working with the Glasgow Coffee Festival and Dear Green Coffee again, it’s the perfect pairing of venue and host for the 2017 Brewers Cup Finals as well as a UKBC heat.
- May/June 2017 - UKBC heats, London & Manchester
Dates and venues are very close to being finalised.
- UKBC Finals - Dates and Venue TBC
Many of you will notice the late running of the UKBC, this to take advantage of the late running of the world finals which are in November 2017. This also give us some flexibility in venue and date scheduling at this early stage, but we are endeavouring to tie the dates down by release of tickets of the 16th.