Issued: 09 August 2013
SCAE UK Chapter Meeting
Following our previous communication to members regarding the restructure of SCAE Chapters, I would like to cordially invite you to the SCAE UK Chapter meeting as follows:
Date: Tuesday 3rd September 2013
Location: The London Canal Museum, 12-13 New Wharf Road, London N1 9RT.
At this meeting, there will be a vote for the new SCAE UK Chapter Board. There will also be a presentation of the new SCAE strategy, new Chapter structure and an opportunity for members to participate, offer ideas and ask questions.
The plan is to take the pressure off just one person (the National Coordinator) and to share responsibility, and the new structure will be based on a board, which will include responsibilities as follows:
- National Coordinator
- Events and Competitions
Details of the Chapter Board roles and responsibilities can be downloaded (click here)
National Coordinator role and responsibilities can be downloaded (click here)
The UK is the third Chapter to undergo the reorganisation under the new strategy. In Austria and Germany were nominated and accepted by members without a vote. However, because we have had so much interest in the new UK Chapter, we have decided to hold an election if you wish to nominate yourself or for the Board or a working group then you may do so.
The election process will be undertaken as follows:-
- Nominations to be emailed to Jayne Richards, Jayne@scae-mail.com by 23rd August 2013 including a CV with no more than 100 words
- SCAE will send a list of the nominees to all UK members on Monday 26th August 2013
- A vote on SCAE Chapter Board will take place at the SCAE UK Chapter meeting on 3rd September 2013
- Votes can be emailed to Jayne by midday 2nd September 2013 for members who cannot attend the meeting
- The votes will be counted at the meeting and the successful candidates, once ratified, will be announced to the SCAE UK members within 3 working days
- SCAE may also , if appropriate, co-opt additional members to the Board
Please note membership payments must be up to date for the vote to be counted and only existing members as at 23rd August 2013 will be able to vote on 3rd September.
I look forward to meeting with you.
SCAE Executive Director